LIVE Webinar Advanced GD&T – ASME Y14.5 2009
3-Day Remote Virtual Classroom
10:00 a.m. EDT – 6 p.m. EDT daily
This three-day GD&T course is a comprehensive GD&T course focused on practical application. This is a live, remote course using GoToTraining software. Internet access and computer (recommended) or tablet required.
- Review the basic concepts and introduce the more complex concepts of the Y14.5 standard
- Provide Participants with the knowledge of proper Datum Feature selection and specification
- Enable participants to properly interpret and apply each of the Y14.5 controls and rules
- Enable participants to calculate functional tolerances for position and other tolerances
- Continue preparing the participants for the ASME GDTP certification exams
Your drawings have GD&T on them! If you have been through the GD&T Basic Level, and you need more knowledge and skill to increase your effectiveness, this course is for you. This program is a continuation of your education in the Y14.5 standard. In this program, we focus on the application and interpretation of GD&T – another step closer to becoming a GD&T expert.
The program begins with a review of GD&T, then continues with practical team exercises designed to enhance knowledge, build confidence, and nurture a team environment. This class is a minimum lecture, maximum experience and participation format. The subject matter covered is (as a minimum):
- Introduction – Objectives, review Basic GD&T.
- General rules of dimensioning and drafting review.
- Review of the more complex controls – composite position, projected tolerance zone, etc.
- Datum Reference Frames – proper selection and utilization exercises.
- Calculating tolerances for maximum producibility and 100% interchangeability.
- Functional gauge design – “Soft” or “Paper” as well as tooled gauges
Who Should Attend
This program is designed for anyone who is currently familiar and proficient with the concepts and practices of GD&T. Particular emphasis is placed on those who are responsible for specifying, and interpreting, technical documentation. Individuals desiring to become a certified Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing Professional (GDTP) by passing the ASME GDTP exam will need this course.
Basic GD&T, or equivalent experience..
Each participant of any AGI seminar will have access to a senior consultant (usually the instructor of the course) who will be available to answer any follow up questions after the course via telephone or email.