AGI GD&T Fundamentals/Intermediate (Southern CA) – May/June 2019
May 29 @ 9:30 am - May 31 @ 5:30 pm PDT$1,200.00
Partnering with Applied Geometrics, Inc!
*** NOT Your Basic GD&T Class ***
The program begins with a bit of the history of GD&T, then we look at the cost of designing and manufacturing a part. We will compare the “old” methods of dimensioning and Tolerancing to the Y14.5 approach. In this analysis, we will demonstrate the strengths and advantages of GD&T as a design tool, as a manufacturing aid, as a purchasing (estimator) aid, and as an overall communications facilitating tool. We incorporate many practical exercises to enhance learning, and to increase confidence. The subject matter covered is (as a minimum):
- Introduction – Objectives, review of the “old” system versus GD&T
- General rules of dimensioning and drafting per the standard.
- Tolerance Zones – definition, concepts, comparison to existing systems.
- GD&T symbology and definitions of controls – particular emphasis on position tolerancing
- “Bonus” Tolerance – definition and how to take advantage of them
- Datum Reference Frames – definition and proper construction and selection
Who Should Attend
This program is designed for anyone who designs, drafts, engineers, purchases, manufactures, estimates, or inspects parts and assemblies. Particular emphasis is placed on those who design and manufacture, and those responsible for quality.